Abandoned & Transferred Meetings

Innisfail to Atherton (Qld) - Saturday 25th May 2019

The Innisfail TC non-Tab race meeting on Saturday 25 May 2019 has been rescheduled to be conducted by the Atherton TC at Morrow Park racecourse Tolga.

Constant rainfall over the past two months (and an unfavourable weather forecast for the remainder of this week) has made the Innisfail track unsuitable for racing.

Updated 21/5

 

 

Gold Coast Trials (Qld) - Monday 20th May 2019

Gold Coast trials scheduled for today have been abandoned due to rain making the track unsafe.

Updated 20/5

 

Seymour to Wangaratta, Thursday 23rd May and Seymour to Tatura, Monday 1st July 2019

Seymour is scheduled to host six meetings this spring, including the Listed Seymour Cup on Sunday 20th October.
In order to ensure the track is in a suitable condition for its busy spring program, the SRC will race with an adjusted schedule that limits the Club to one meeting per month throughout winter.
To that end, the race meeting scheduled for Thursday, 23 May at Seymour has been transferred to Wangaratta, while the meeting on Monday, 1 July has been moved to Tatura.
As a result of the winter transfers, there will be a change of distances required for both the Wangaratta (23 May 2019) and Tatura (1 July 2019) meetings.

Updated 14/5

 

Sportsbet-Ballarat (VIC) - Sunday 12th May 2019

 

Please note that the meeting scheduled for Ballarat Sunday 12th May will now be run on the synthetic track.

Updated 10/5

 

 

 

 

 

 

bet365 Geelong (VIC) - Friday 10th May 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Geelong today has been postponed due to the weather and subsequent state of the track.

Updated 10/5

 

Gunnedah Trials (NSW) - Monday 6th May 2019

 

Please note Gunnedah barrier trials scheduled for today have been postponed due to the state of the track.

Update 6/5

 

Gunnedah (NSW) - Monday 6th May 2019

 

Please note the meeting scheduled for Gunnedah today has been postponed due to the state of the track. 

Updated 6/5

 

Murray Bridge Trials to Balaklava (SA) - Thursday 9th May 2019

TRSA wish to advise the Barrier Trials scheduled for Murray Bridge on Thursday 9th May 2019 will now be conducted at Balaklava.
Nominations for this meeting close 11 am (SA time) on Tuesday 7th May 2019.

Updated 1/5

 

Quilpie to Charleville (QLD) - Saturday 4th May 2019

The annual Quilpie DRC non-Tab Cup race meeting on Saturday 4 May has been RESCHEDULED to be conducted at Charleville racecourse.
Quilpie racetrack has received approximately 50mm of rainfall in the past week making the track unsuitable for racing.
As a result of the venue change for the race meeting, there are 2 minor changes to distances on the program. 

Updated 29/4

 

Yeppoon (QLD) - Saturday 27th April to Sunday 5th May 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Yeppoon on Saturday has been postponed and will now be conducted on Sunday 5th May, 2019 due to the state of the track.

The trials scheduled for Yeppoon on Monday have also been postponed and will now be conducted on Tuesday 7th May, 2019.

Updated 26/4

 

Innisfail to Atherton (QLD) - Saturday 27th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Innisfail on Saturday has been transferred and will now be conducted at Atherton.

Updated 25/4

 

Murwillumbah (NSW) - Thursday 25th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Murwillumbah today has been postponed due to the state of the track.

Updated 25/4

 

Cunnamulla (Qld) - Thursday 25th April to Friday 24th May 2019

The Cunnamulla & DDRC non-Tab race meeting scheduled for Thursday 25 April, featuring the Battle of the Bush Qualifier, has been POSTPONED to Friday 24 May 2019.

Over 50mm of rainfall has been recorded at the Cunnamulla track in the past day, making the track unsuitable for racing.

Updated 23/4

 

Coffs Harbour (NSW) - Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Coffs Harbour today has been postponed due to the state of the track.

Updated 23/4

 

Doomben Trials (QLD) - Tuesday 23rd April, 2019

Please note Doomben Barrier Trials scheduled for Tuesday 23rd April, 2019 have been abandoned due to the state of the track. 

Updated 22/4

 

Port Macquarie Trials (NSW) - Saturday 20th April 2019

 


Meeting Postponed due to the state of the track.

 

Updated 20/4

 

Port Macquarie (NSW) - Saturday 20th April 2019

 


Meeting Postponed due to the state of the track. 

Updated 20/4

 

Balnarring (VIC) - Saturday 20th April 2019

Meeting Abandoned due to section of the track being deemed unsuitable for racing.

Updated 20/4

 

Kempsey (NSW) - Thursday 25th to Saturday 27th April 2019

The Kempsey meeting from 25th April 2019 has been transferred to Saturday 27th April 2019 and will now have SKY2 TAB coverage.
All races have increased in prizemoney to $12,000 and an extra race has been added

 

Race 1 - BM 50 Hcp 1900m is now a BM 58 Hcp 1900m of $12,000
Race 2 - BM 45 Hcp 1250m is now a BM 50 Hcp 1250m of $12,000
Race 3 - BM 45 Hcp 1450m is now a BM 50 Hcp 1450m of $12,000
Race 4 - Maiden Plate 1250m - Unchanged - of $12,000
Race 5 - Maiden Plate 1450m - Unchanged - of $12,000
Race 6 - Added Race is BM 50 Hcp 1000m of $12,000

 

Nominations close Monday 22nd April 2019 at 11am

Updated 16/4

 

 

Coonabarabran to Gilgandra (NSW) - Saturday 27th April 2019 to Saturday 1st June 2019

The Coonabarabran track has been inspected by Stewards and deemed not suitable for racing therefore the meeting has been transferred to Saturday 1st June 2019 and will be held on the Gilgandra racecourse. Alterations to distance are as below:
Race 1 - BM 58 Hcp 1200m - Unchanged
Race 2 - BM 50 Hcp 900m is now 800m
Race 3 - BM 50 Hcp 1400m is now 1280m
Race 4 - Class 1 & Maiden Plate 1600m - Unchanged
Race 5 - Maiden Plate 900m is now 800m
Race 6 - Maiden Hcp 1400m is now 1280m

Updated 16/4

 

Kalgoorlie (WA) - Saturday 13th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Kalgoorlie today has been postponed due to the state of the track.

Updated 13/4

 

Yalgoo (WA) - Saturday 27th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Yalgoo on the 27th April has been cancelled at the club's request.

Updated 13/4

 

Cairns (QLD) - Saturday 6th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Cairns today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 6/4

 

Boulia to Mount Isa (Qld) - Saturday 20th April 2019

The annual Easter Boulia TC Cup non-Tab race meeting on Saturday 20 April 2019 has been rescheduled to be conducted by the Mount Isa RC.
Following the recent north west Queensland flooding, the Boulia TC is not in a position to conduct the meeting which features a heat of the 2019 Outback Racing Showcase Series.
Due to the rescheduling to Mount Isa, there are minor changes to distances/prizemoney for the rescheduled Mount Isa race meeting.  The new program is: 

MOUNT ISA RC (non-Tab) – Saturday 20 April 2019
Outback Racing Showcase Heat Open Plate (sw)       1450m                   $12,000
QTIS Benchmark 55 Hcp                                        1000m                   $7,450 plus QTIS
Class 3 Plate (sw)                                                 1200m                    $7,450                                                                                                              
Class B Hcp                                                          1200m                  $7,450
Maiden Plate (2yo & up sw)                                     1000m                   $7,450
Nominations for the rescheduled Mount Isa meeting close at 11.00am (Qld time) on Monday 15 April 2019.  (NB Early closing deadlines)

Updated 4/4

 

Tullibigeal (NSW) - Saturday 30th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Tullibigeal today has been postponed due to safety concerns with the track following overnight rainfall.

Updated 30/3

 

Healesville (VIC) - Saturday 30th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Healesville today has been abandoned due to surface water on the track and continuing rainfall.

Updated 30/3

 

Emerald (QLD) - Saturday 30th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Emerald tomorrow has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 29/3

 

Rockhampton Trials (QLD) - Friday 29th March 2019

Please note the trial meeting scheduled for Rockhampton today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 29/3

 

Ararat to Donald (Vic) - Thursday 28th March 2019

Racing Victoria (RV) advises that the meeting scheduled at Ararat tomorrow, Thursday, 28 March, has been transferred to Donald Racecourse.
The meeting has been transferred owing to a burst water main in the home straight which was detected today. A subsequent inspection by RV Stewards found that the track is unsuitable for racing.
All scratchings for tomorrow’s meeting will be reinstated.
As a result of the transfer, there are some changes to race distances.

Updated 27/3

 

Ballarat to Bendigo (Vic) - Tuesday 2nd April 2019

RV wish to advise that the meeting scheduled at Sportsbet-Ballarat on Tuesday, 2 April will be transferred to Bendigo to allow important works to be undertaken on the construction of the new Ballarat synthetic track which is scheduled to open in May.
Nominations for Tuesday’s meeting, which originally closed at 12 noon today, have been reopened and will now close at 10am tomorrow, Thursday, 28 March.
There are some distance changes as a result of the transfer.

Updated 27/3

 

Winton (Qld) - Saturday 30th March 2019

The North Gregory TC (Winton) non-Tab race meeting scheduled for Saturday 30 March 2019 has been ABANDONED due to weather/state of the track.
The club had worked tirelessly to repair the racetrack following the flooding event earlier in the year, but approximately 80mm of rain overnight  has made the track unsuitable for racing.


As a result additional races will be added to upcoming race meetings at both Mount Isa and Longreach.  The additional races are:
Mount Isa RC – Saturday 6 April 2019
Benchmark 60 Hcp           1450m                   $9,000
Class 4 Plate (sw)             1200m                   $9,000


Longreach JC – Saturday 6 April 2019
Benchmark 50 Hcp           1200m                   $7,450


Nominations for both meetings close at 11.00am (Qld time) on Tuesday 2/4/19.

Updated 27/3

 

Albury (NSW) - Friday 22nd March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Albury today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 22/3

 

Mareeba (QLD) - Saturday 23rd March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Mareeba tomorrow has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 22/3

 

Gold Coast Trials (Qld) - Tuesday 19th March 2019

The trials have been rescheduled due to the Gold Coast receiving over 163mm of rain over the weekend.
The new trial date will be Monday 25th March 2019
Nominations close 11am Friday 22nd March with Racing Australia.
Nominations already received will be automatically transferred to Monday’s trials.  If you do not want to trial on Monday, please contact Racing Australia to cancel your nomination/s.

Updated 18/3

 

Rosehill Trials (NSW) - Tuesday 19th March 2019

Please be advised that due to continued wet weather the Rosehill Barrier trials scheduled for Tuesday, 19th March 2019 have been CANCELLED.
The next set of ATC barrier trials will be conducted on Friday 22nd March 2019 at Warwick Farm, with Nominations closing 2.00pm tomorrow. Additional heats will be scheduled on the Pro-Ride track if excessive nominations are received.

Updated 18/3

 

Queensland Program Amendments - March 2019

Racing Queensland has advised the $200,000 TAB QTIS 3YO Jewel will be transferred to Eagle Farm next Saturday following its cancellation on the Gold Coast today.
With steady rain downgrading the track to a heavy 10 after race six, stewards made the decision to abandon the final three races on the card due to visibility concerns.
The TAB QTIS 3YO Jewel will be run mid-program at Eagle Farm, with the scheduled Class 4 Plate (Set Weights) over 2200m to be transferred to the Sunshine Coast on Sunday, March 24.
The current field for the Jewel will remain in place with scratchings reinstated.
Additionally, the Listed TAB Goldmarket Handicap will be re-scheduled to the Gold Coast on Saturday, March 23 with fresh nominations to be called on Monday.
The Goldmarket will be run as the final race on the card at Aquis Park to provide jockeys with the opportunity of competing in the Jewel at Eagle Farm and in the Goldmarket on the Gold Coast on the same day.
The Maiden Plate (Set Weights) over 900m scheduled to be run on the Gold Coast on Saturday, March 23 will be abandoned in order to accommodate the running of the Goldmarket Handicap.

Updated 18/3

 

Toowoomba Trials (Qld) - Tuesday 19th to Thursday 21st March 2019

The barrier trials scheduled for Toowoomba on Tuesday 19th March have now been rescheduled for Thursday 21st March 2019 due to recent rain received over the weekend.
Nominations will now close on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 12 noon (Qld time).

Updated 18/3

 

Gosford (NSW) - Saturday 16th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Gosford today has been postponed due to the state of the track and continuing rain.

Updated 16/3

 

Rosehill Trials to Canterbury (NSW) - Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Please note that the Rosehill Barrier Trials scheduled for Tuesday 23rd April 2019 have been transferred and will now be conducted at Canterbury.

Updated 14/3

 

Ipswich to Doomben (QLD) - Wednesday 13th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Ipswich today has been transferred and will now be conducted at Doomben.

Updated 13/3

 

Wandoan to Taroom (Qld) - Saturday 23rd March 2019

The annual Wandoan DRC non-Tab Cup race meeting on Saturday 23 March 2019 has been rescheduled to be conducted by the Dawson JC at Taroom.

The Wandoan track is currently unsuitable for racing due to the prevailing drought conditions in the region.

As a result, there are amendments to both the racing program and prizemoney levels for the rescheduled meeting at Taroom.   The new program is:

Benchmark 65 Hcp                                           1200m                   $7,450

Open Hcp                                                            1000m                   $7,450

Benchmark 50 Hcp                                           1000m                   $7,450

Class B Hcp                                                          1200m                   $7,450

QTIS Maiden Plate (2yo & up sw)              1000m                   $7,450 plus QTIS

Nominations close 11am Tuesday 19 March 2019.

Updated 12/3

 

Ipswich (QLD) - Friday 8th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Ipswich today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 8/3

 

Seymour to Echuca (Vic) - Tuesday 12th March 2019

Racing Victoria (RV) and the Seymour Racing Club (SRC) advise that the meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 12 March at Seymour will be transferred to Echuca to allow the track additional time to recover from summer renovation works.
As a result, Echuca will host their Cup meeting on Sunday, 10 March before backing up two days later to host the transferred meeting.

All distances remain as previously advertised except the Maiden 2000m will now be run over 2100m.
Nominations will now close 10am on Thursday 7th March 2019.

Updated 6/3

 

Queensland Meetings - March 2019

Please note the following changes to Queensland meetings scheduled for March -

Friday 15th March - Townsville to Bowen

Friday 22nd March - Townsville to Bowen

Saturday 30th March - Townsville to Cairns

Updated 5/3

 

Coonamble to Narromine (NSW) - Monday 11th March 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Coonamble on Monday 11th March has been transferred to Narromine.

Updated 5/3

 

Mount Gambier (SA) - Thursday 9th May 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Mount Gambier on Thursday 9th May has been cancelled.

Updated 26/2

 

Ipswich (Qld) - Friday 22nd February, 2019 to Monday 25th February, 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Friday 22nd February at Ipswich has been postponed and will now be run on Monday 25th February, 2019.

The rescheduled race meeting will comprise the same fields as todays postponed meeting and scratchings will be reinstated.

Updated 22/2

 

Maxwelton to Mount Isa (Qld) - Saturday 6th April 2019

Please note the meeting scheduled for Maxwelton on Saturday 6th April has been rescheduled and will now be conducted at Mount Isa.

Updated 22/2

 

Townsville to Bowen (Qld) - Saturday 2nd March 2019

Racing Queensland confirms that following the recent flooding in North Queensland which caused damage to the Townsville TC racing venue at Cluden Park, the club’s race meeting scheduled for Saturday 2 March has been transferred to Bowen Turf Club.

The Bowen TC venue has been certified as suitable for the facilitating of TAB race meetings by RQ and QRIC officials.

Updated 20/2