Leasing a Racehorse
The following conditions apply to the leasing of racehorses:
- Up to ten individuals or a combination of individuals and registered syndicates may race a horse under Lease
- A Lease Agreement should be obtained from the Principal Racing Authority in the State in which the horse is to race
- The Agreement should be completed by the parties concerned, checked carefully before signing and any alterations or additions must be initialed by all parties
- The Agreement should be lodged with Principal Racing Authority together with the relevant fee. The Principal Racing Authority should be contacted regarding the current fee
- When the Lease is recorded a Lease Endorsement Certificate will be returned to the Manager or a nominated person
- The Trainer should lodge a Stable Return in the names of the Lessees
- A Lease may be taken out for a period of time from one day to an agreed number of years. It is for racing purposes only
Cancellation of a Lease
In order to cancel a current lease, ALL lessees must sign a Cancellation of a Lease Form, specifying the date the Lease is to be cancelled.
Click on the links below to get a lease form or lease cancellation form from your Principal Racing Authority.