Abandoned Meetings

Moranbah (Qld) - Saturday 24th February 2018

The Moranbah RC non-Tab race meeting scheduled for Saturday 24 February 2018 has been ABANDONED.
A severe storm struck Moranbah’s Treasure Park racecourse on Tuesday with wild winds and 50mm of rainfall recorded.  The storm has caused substantial damage to the racetrack and infrastructure, making the venue unsuitable to conduct Saturday’s race meeting.
RQ will liaise with the Moranbah RC in regards to a future replacement date.
For further information contact club President – Simon Phillips on 0403 179 257.

Updated 21/2

 

Norseman (WA) - Saturday 10th February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Norseman on Saturday has been cancelled due to insufficient nominations.

Update 7/2

 

Longford Trials (TAS) - Tuesday 6th February 2018

Please note the trial meeting scheduled for Longford today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

 

Update 6/2


 

Ballina Trial (NSW) - Monday 5th February 2018

Please note the Trial scheduled for Ballina today has been postponed due to unsafe sections of the track over final 1000m.

Update 5/2

 

Ballina (NSW) - Monday 5th February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Ballina today has been postponed due to unsafe sections of the track over final 1000m.

Updated 5/2

 

Bundaberg (QLD) - Saturday 3rd February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Bundaberg today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.

Updated 3/2
 
 
Bordertown (SA) - Sunday 28th January 2018
 

TRSA advise due to the extreme weather forecast for Friday 26th January 2018 and in consultation with the Murray Bridge Racing Club the meeting has been moved to Thursday 25th January with early start times to be advised later.

Acceptances for this meeting will now be 9am (SA time) Tuesday 23rd January 2018.

As a consequence, the trials set down for Morphettville 25th January have been moved to Tuesday 30th January 2018 but maybe subject to change.

The meeting for Bordertown on Sunday 28th January 2018 has been cancelled once again due to extreme weather forecast on this day. We are now looking at options for this meeting.

Updated 22/1

 
 
Mornington (VIC) - Saturday 6th January 2018
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Mornington tomorrow has been abandoned due to the increased hot weather forecast.
 
Updated 5/1
 
 
 
Beaudesert (Qld) - Monday 1st January 2018
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Beaudesert today has been abandoned due to the state of the track after heavy storms.
 
Updated 1/1
 
 
Bowraville (NSW) - Tuesday 26th December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Bowraville today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 26/12
 
 
Gold Coast Trials (QLD) - Tuesday 5th December 2017  
Please note the trials scheduled for Gold Coast today have been postponed due to the weather and subsequent state of the track.
 
They have been rescheduled and will now be run on Thursday 7th December with the same fields retained.
 
Updated 5/12
 
 
Hobart Inside Track Trials (TAS) - Monday 4th December 2017
 
Please note the Hobart Trials have been abandoned due to over 90mm of rain over the past 3 days. 
 
Updated 4/12
 
 
Wagga Riverside (NSW) - Saturday 2nd December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Wagga Riverside today has been postponed due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 2/12
 
 
 
Healesville (VIC) - Saturday 2nd December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Healesville tomorrow has been abandoned due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 1/12
 
 
Mount Gambier (SA) - Friday 1st December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Mount Gambier today has been postponed due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 1/12
 
 
Ipswich (QLD) - Friday 1st December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Ipswich today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 1/12
 
 
 
Benalla (VIC) - Saturday 2nd December 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Benalla on Saturday has been abandoned due to the weather forecast. There will now be a meeting conducted at Benalla on Saturday 9th December, 2017.
 
Updated 30/11
 
 
Gundagai (NSW) - Saturday 18th November 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Gundagai today has been postponed due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 18/11
 
 
Kembla Grange (NSW) - Saturday 18th November 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Kembla Grange today has been postponed due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 18/11
 
 
bet365 Park Kyneton (VIC) - Friday 17th November 2017
 
Please note the meeting scheduled for Kyneton today has been abandoned due to the state of the track.
 
Updated 17/11
 
 

Transferred Meetings

Beaumont to Newcastle (NSW) - Thursday 22nd March 2018

Please note this meeting has been transferred from the Beaumont Track to the Course Proper.

Some race distances have been amended.

Updated 19/2

 

Eidsvold (QLD) - Saturday 17th February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Eidsvold today has been postponed until tomorrow due to the state of the track.

Updated 17/2

 

Ballarat to Warrnambool (VIC) - Friday 23rd February 2018

Racing Victoria has advised that the jumps trials scheduled for Ballarat on Friday 23rd February have been transferred to Warrnambool.

Updated 16/2

 

Kilmore to Yarra Valley (VIC) - Thursday 15th February 2018

Please note that the meeting scheduled for Kilmore on Thursday has been transferred and will now be conducted at Yarra Valley. See the Racing Australia website for further details as some distances and field limits have changed.

Updated 13/2

 

Ipswich (Qld) - Wednesday 14th to Friday 16th February 2018

RQ confirms that following consultation with Ipswich TC, Australian Trainers Association, SKY & QRIC, the Ipswich TC race meeting scheduled for Wednesday 14 February has been transferred to Friday 16 February.
The transfer has been made as a consequence of the extreme heat predicted for the Ipswich region this Wednesday/Thursday.
To complement the transfer, thus ensuring there are no scheduling clashes with the Sunshine Coast TC race meeting on Friday night and to avoid further potential weather complications, the ITC meeting will commence at 10:00am with the last race scheduled for 2:12pm.
Acceptances for the ITC meeting were also extended to accommodate the change & will be released following the revised acceptance deadline (10:30am today, Monday 12 Feb).
All times quoted are Qld time.

Updated 13/2

 

 

Gatton (Qld) - Thursday 15th to Tuesday 20th February 2018

RQ confirms that following consultation with Lockyer RC, Australian Trainers Association, SKY & QRIC, the Lockyer RC race meeting (at Gatton) scheduled for Thursday 15 February has been re-scheduled to Tuesday 20 February, 2018.

The re-scheduling has occurred to avoid the extreme heat predicted for the Lockyer Valley region for the entirety of this week.

As a consequence of the change fresh nominations for the meeting will now be called for & accordingly, the revised deadlines are now:

Nominations:  close Wednesday 14 February at 11:00am

Weights:  declared Thursday 15 February 12, 2018

Acceptances:  due Friday 16 February at 9:30am

Jockey Declarations:  Friday 16 February at 12:00pm

Trainers should note that nominations previously made for the meeting with its original scheduling are now null & void.

All other previously published detail pertaining to the program for this race meeting remains unaltered.

All times quoted are Qld time.

Updated 13/2

 

 

Dalby (QLD) - Saturday 3rd February to Monday 5th February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Dalby today has been postponed and will now be conducted on Monday 5th February.

Updated 3/2

 

Bordertown to Naracoorte (SA) - Sunday 4th March 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Bordertown on Sunday 4th March has been transferred and will now be conducted at Naracoorte.

Some distances have changed as a result of this.

Updated 2/2

 

Yeppoon to Rockhampton, Friday 9th February 2018

Please be advised that due to unexpected remedial work needing to be completed at the Yeppoon track, the barrier trials scheduled for Friday February 9 will now be conducted at the Rockhampton Jockey Club.

Updated 1/2

 

Beaumont Newcastle Trials - Monday 12th to Wednesday 14th February 2018

Please be advised that the scheduled barrier trials for Beaumont Newcastle on Monday 12/2/18 have been moved to Wednesday 14/2/18
The trial program remains unchanged.

Updated 30/1

 

Sandown to Caulfield (VIC) - Wednesday 21st February 2018

Please note the meeting scheduled for Sandown on Wednesday 21st February has been transferred to Caulfield.

Updated 30/1

 

Murray Bridge (SA) - Friday 26th to Thursday 25th January 2018

TRSA advise due to the extreme weather forecast for Friday 26th January 2018 and in consultation with the Murray Bridge Racing Club the meeting has been moved to Thursday 25th January with early start times to be advised later.
Acceptances for this meeting will now be 9am (SA time) Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
As a consequence, the trials set down for Morphettville 25th January have been moved to Tuesday 30th January 2018 but maybe subject to change.
The meeting for Bordertown on Sunday 28th January 2018 has been cancelled once again due to extreme weather forecast on this day. We are now looking at options for this meeting.
Based on information received from the Bureau of Meteorology the meetings at both Morphettville and Kingscote on Saturday will proceed as normal.

Updated 22/1

 

Scone to Wyong (NSW) - Sunday 21st January 2018

Please be advised that the Scone meeting scheduled for Sunday 21st  January has been transferred to Wyong due to the forecast extreme temperature of 43 degrees at Scone.

As a result of this, the following distances have been amended -

Benchmark 62 Handicap was 2200m now 2100m

Class 1 Handicap was 900m now 1000m

Maiden Plate was 900m now 1000m

All other races remain unchanged.

 

Updated 18/1

 

Warrnambool (Vic) - Tuesday 23rd January 2018

The Warrnambool Racing Club (WRC), in consultation with Racing Victoria, advises that it will transfer its Tuesday 23rd January racing meeting to Terang following the discovery of two species of grass-eating insects which have impacted parts of the track surface.

Transferring this meeting and allowing the track to regenerate will ensure that it is in a suitable racing condition to hold the Wednesday 7th February meeting and the important lead-up meetings to, and including, the Warrnambool May Racing Carnival. Some races have amendments to the original scheduled distances.

Updated 16/1

 

 

Victorian Meeting Amendments - Thursday 18th January 2018

Racing Victoria (RV) will revise race times at Kilmore on Thursday and Pakenham on Thursday night, and transfer Friday’s Ararat meeting to Sunday to accommodate for hot weather forecasts.

With an expected top of 38 degrees – set to peak at 5pm at Kilmore on Thursday - RV has made the decision to bring race times forward two hours, with race one starting at 10:50am and race 8 at 2:45pm.

In addition to this, start times for the Thursday night meeting at Pakenham will go back 30 minutes to 6:30pm in a bid to minimise the effect of the 38 degree heat which is forecast to peak at 5pm.

Changes have also been made to the scheduled Ararat meeting on Friday which will now be transferred to Sunday, where the forecast (30 degrees) will be eight degrees cooler than the top of 38 predicted at 2pm on Friday.

Updated 16/1

 

 

Additional Victorian Meeting Amendments - Saturday 6th to Monday 8th January 2018

Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise of additional changes to meetings this weekend due to hot weather forecasts.
With temperatures expected to reach 39 degrees in Kilmore on Saturday, 6 January, RV has rescheduled the bet365 Park Kilmore meeting to Monday, 8 January to race with Stony Creek. Nominations for Kilmore have been reopened and will now close at 3pm today. Acceptances will remain on Thursday with the acceptance time changing to 10.15am.
The Dederang meeting, also scheduled for Saturday, 6 January, has been abandoned as temperatures are also expected to reach 39 degrees and there are no suitable replacement dates available in close proximity. RV will discuss with the Club opportunities to reschedule the Dederang Cup meeting later in the season.
As a result of the Dederang meeting being abandoned nominations for the meeting at Woolamai on Sunday 7 January have been extended until 3pm today.
All revised meeting dates and race times have been implemented in accordance with RV’s Procedure for Racing in Hot Weather Policy, which is designed to ensure the health and wellbeing of horses and participants is paramount.

Updated 3/1

 

Warwick Farm to Royal Randwick (NSW) - Saturday 6th January 2018

Due to predicted extreme heat at Warwick Farm on Saturday, this meeting has been moved and will now be conducted at Royal Randwick. All race distances remain unchanged.

Updated 3/1

 

Mornington (Vic) - Sunday 8th to Saturday 7th January 2018

Caulfield (Vic) - Saturday 7th to Sunday 8th January 2018

Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise of changes to meeting dates and times at Caulfield, Mornington and Stawell this weekend due to the hot weather forecast for the state on Friday and Saturday.
Following advice from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) that temperatures are expected to reach up to 40 degrees on Saturday, 6 January, RV, in consultation with the Melbourne Racing Club (MRC), has rescheduled Caulfield and Mornington race meetings this weekend.
The Caulfield meeting originally scheduled for this Saturday 6 January will now take place on Sunday, 7 January and Mornington’s Sunday meeting has been rescheduled to take place on Saturday. Caulfield will accept tomorrow (Wednesday, 3 January) at 9.45am and Mornington acceptances have been brought forward to 9.30am tomorrow morning so that they can be included in Saturday race books and other publications.

Updated 2/1

 

Naracoorte (SA) - Sunday 7th to Monday 8th January 2018

TRSA advise that, due to the rescheduling of the Gawler meeting from Saturday 6th to Sunday 7th January, the meeting originally set down for Naracoorte on Sunday 7th January has now been rescheduled to Monday 8th January 2018.

Nomination and Acceptances for this meeting remain unchanged.

Updated 2/1

 

Gawler (SA) - Saturday 6th to Sunday 7th January 2018

TRSA advise that due to the extreme weather forecat for Saturday 6th January, and in consulation with the Gawler & Barossa Jockey Club, the meeting scheduled for Gawler on Saturday 6th January has been rescheduled to Sunday 7th January 2018. This meeting will not be a twilight meeting.

Nominations for this meeting have now been extended to 10am (SA time) Wednesday 3rd January with Acceptances to close at 9am (SA time) on Thursday 4th January 2018.

Updated 2/1

 

Echuca (Vic) - Monday 18th to Wednesday 20th December 2017

Racing Victoria (RV) has today advised that Monday’s Echuca meeting has been moved to Wednesday 20 December because of the high temperature forecast in the region.
Echuca is currently forecast for 41 degrees on Monday however the temperature drops to 30 degrees for Wednesday. RV did consider transferring the meeting to a different venue on Monday however due to the weather across the region and racing commitments an appropriate venue was not available.
As a result of the meeting being shifted to Wednesday nominations will be reopened until 11am tomorrow with acceptances to now be taken at 9:30am on Monday 18 December.
Please also note that the BM58 Handicap 1400m race will no longer be an Apprentice Rising Stars race now that the meeting is to be run alongside the Sandown meeting.

Updated 14/12

 

Wagga to Wagga Riverside (VIC) - Friday 22nd December 2017

Please be advised that stewards have deemed the Wagga course proper will not be ready in time to hold the meeting scheduled for December 22nd.

This meeting has now been transferred to its Riverside track with the following race distance amendments:

TED RYDER CUP- was 1600m is now 1660m

BENCHMARK 70 HCP- was 1200m is now 1050m

BENCHMARK 60 HCP- was 1400m is now 1200m

BENCHMARK 65 HCP- was 2000m is now 1800m

CLASS 3 HCP- was 1600m is now 1660m

CLASS 2 HCP- UNCHANGED 1200m

MAIDEN HCP- was 1000m is now 1050m

MAIDEN PLATE- was 1400m is now 1660m

 

Updated 12/12

 

Geelong Turf to Geelong Synthetic (VIC) - Sunday 3rd December 2017

Racing Victoria (RV) advises that the Geelong Turf meeting scheduled for Sunday 3rd December has been transferred to Geelong Synthetic. 

Updated 3/12

 

Traralgon to Pakenham Synthetic (VIC) - Sunday 3rd December 2017


Racing Victoria (RV) advises that the Traralgon meeting scheduled for Sunday 3rd December has been transferred to Pakenham Synthetic.

Updated 3/12

 

Lismore to Casino (NSW) - Saturday 25th November 2017

Please be advised that due to a serious incident at Lismore Racecourse this meeting has been transferred and will now be conducted at Casino.
 
Due to the transfer the following amendment to distances will occur:
All 1516m will now be held over 1400m all other distances remain unchanged.

Updated 23/11

 

Murray Bridge (SA) - Wednesday 15th to Thursday 16th November 2017

The meeting scheduled for today at Murray Bridge has been postponed to Thursday 16th November 2017 due to the state of the track as a result of unseasonal rainfall.

Updated 15/11

 

Gold Coast Trials (QLD) - Monday 23rd to Tuesday 24th October 2017


Gold Coast Barrier Trials Monday 23 October transferred to Tuesday 24 October - Fields will stay as advertised Friday 20/10 - no new nominations will be taken.

 

Updated 23/10

 

Gold Coast Trials (Qld) - Tuesday 3rd to Tuesday 10th October 2017

Due to the abandonment of today's Gold Coast Barrier Trials due to the rain, these trials have now been rescheduled to be conducted next Tuesday 10th October 2017.

Trainers will need to re-nominate for these trials by 12noon (Qld time) on Monday 9th October with Racing Australia.

Updated 3/10

 

Dubbo to Wellington, Monday 20th November 2017

Please be advised that the Dubbo meeting scheduled on 20/11 has been transferred to take place at Wellington.
 
The following race distance amendments have been made:
Race 5 F&M MDN was 1200m is now 1100m
Race 6 CG&E MDN was 1200m is now 1100m
 
All other race distances remain unchanged.

Updated 26/9

 

Port Macquarie to Tuncurry, Sunday 29th October 2017

Please be advised that this Port Macquarie meeting has been transferred to the Tuncurry track.
 
The following race distance amendments have been made:
Race 1 Benchmark 70 Handicap was 2000m is now 2100m
Race 3 Benchmark 55 Handicap was 1100m is now 1200m
Race 5 4YO+ Maiden Handicap was 1100m is now 1200m
 
All other race distances remain unchanged.

Updated 26/9